Filing a claim or a lawsuit against your employer can be scary. Fortunately, a lawyer that is licensed in your state can help make the process easier. With help from an attorney, your claim will likely be properly filed on time and with sufficient evidence.
What Claims Can Employment Law Attorneys Help With
Employment law firms can take a variety of claims. Some of the most common include claims for:
- wage theft
- discrimination (for your race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, age, etc.)
- sexual harassment
- wrongful termination
What Does An Employment Law Attorney Do
When helping you with a claim, there is a lot an employment law attorney can do to help you. Some things an employment law lawyer can do include:
- Helping file claim within the statute of limitations
- gather evidence to support your claim
- help understand specific laws within your state related to your claim
- understand any federal laws being broken
- negotiate a settlement
- represent you in court
- file a lawsuit if necessary
These are just a few of the many things a lawyer may do for you when filing an employment law claim.
Finding an Employment Law Attorney in Your State
Many employment law attorneys take cases on a contingency fee basis. Some also require payment upfront, so discuss payment options right away with your lawyer.
Fill out the Free Case Evaluation on this page to get connected with an independent, participated attorney who subscribes to the website and takes cases in your area today!
For more information about employment law attorneys in your state, check out our guides: