If you are being sexually harassed at work, there are a variety of options to avoid the abuse and potentially ensure that the harasser is disciplined. First and foremost, it is important to learn about the abuse you are being exposed to in order to minimize sexual harassment at work. Tell the harasser directly that you want he or she to stop sexual harassment.
Companies also have internal methods for dealing with sexual harassment, which often involves referring to the organizations human resource department. If there is no human resource person, talking to one or more of the managers is another way to deal with sexual harassment.
If you suspect that you are a victim of sexual harassment at work, begin by reading your company's sexual harassment policies. It should clarify how to report harassment and how the company deals with complaints.
It is necessary to record all claims of sexual harassment with sufficient documentation. Proof of harassment itself, such as e-mails, documents, reported communications or observed events, is important. In addition, recording times and location of sexual harassment, as well as instances when you specifically asked your harasser to stop, is important.
- How to Sue for Workplace Sexual Harassment
- Nothing Changed After I Reported Sexual Harassment To HR
- Steps that Women Can Take If They're a Victim of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- What To Do If A Coworker Asks About Your Sexual History
- What To Do If Harassed as an Administrative Assistant
- What To Do If You're Being Sexually Harassed as a Bartender
- What To Do If To You're Sexually Harassed By Your Boss
- What to Do If Sexually Harassed at Work But There’s No HR
- What To Do If Your Co-Worker Sends An Inappropriate Text
- What To Do If You've Been Sexually Assaulted at Work
- What To Do If You Are Being Sexually Harassed as a Housekeeper
- What To Do if You're Being Sexually Harassed as a Retail Worker
- What To Do If You Are Being Sexually Harassed as a Waiter
- What To Do If You're Sexually Harassed by Your Restaurant Manager
- What To Do If A Coworker Is Harassing You Because Of Your Sexual Orientation
- What to Do if a Coworker Makes Offensive Comments About Your Sexuality
- What to Do If Work Covered Up Sexual Harassment Claims
- When Can I Sue For Workplace Sexual Harassment?
- Common Questions About Sexual Harassment At Work
- How To Document Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Harassment Response Checklist
- Where Do I Report Sexual Harassment?
- I've Been Sexually Harassed At Work - What Do I Do?