Racial discrimination happens when a person is viewed unfairly on the basis of his or her real or perceived race. Race discrimination also involves discrimination on the grounds of skin color. While race and color are related terms, they are not synonymous. Race discrimination can also arise if a person is viewed unfairly on the grounds of their affiliation with members of another race.
Such discrimination can exist specifically, such as when an employer deliberately targets a member of a minority group or implicitly, when a relatively impartial hiring program appears to restrict minorities for purposes that are not relevant to employment. In addition, laws that ban racial discrimination often forbid discrimination on the basis of prejudices, conclusions regarding the skills, attributes or success of members of such racial groups.
In the case of employment, racial discrimination affects workers differently because of their race, religious views or activities and/or their desire for accommodation for their religious beliefs and practices-a shift in a law or regulation in the workplace. That also requires treating workers individually due to a lack of personal faith or practice.
If because of your faith, religious beliefs and practices, and/or your request to accommodate your religious beliefs and practices, you have been disqualified for jobs, fired, threatened, or otherwise harmed in your career, you may have suffered unlawful religious discrimination. Learn more here.
- Example Of Racial Discrimination At Work
- How to Prove Racial Discrimination
- How To Write A Racial Discrimination Sample Letter
- Gathering Evidence For Racial Discrimination
- Gathering Evidence for Religious Discrimination
- Remedies for Racial Discrimination
- Remedies for Religious Discrimination
- What Are My Rights Against Religious Discrimination at Work?
- What To Do? - Coworker Is Racially Insensitive In The Workplace
- What to Do If a Coworker or Superior Is Religiously Insensitive or Harassing You in The Workplace
- Where To Report Racial Discrimination At Work